North Super Hero HD 2018
- Current Stock:
The consistent evolution of the legendary HERO makes the SUPER HERO the ultimate World Cup wave sail with an extremely wide range of use.
On the one hand, the SUPER HERO captivates with manageable top end performance, even in nuking spots such as the Canaries or South Africa, remaining perfectly controllable even in extreme overpowered jumping conditions. On the other hand, it offers powerful acceleration at the lower wind limit, for down the line riding on Maui or Mauritius. Designer Kai Hopf has moved up the batten above the boom increasing the gap to the foot batten similar to a 3 batten sail. This FREE.BOOMZONE.CONCEPT provides an incredible on-off feeling on the wave. The batten-free area is super easy to pump and offers less resistance for the wind to fill out the profile in the wind in the underpowered conditions, similar to a 3 batten sail. However, in order to ensure high amounts of stability in strong winds and performance throughout a massive wind range. Kai uses two MINI.BATTEN and the HOLLOW.LOWER.LEECH directly above the boom. In addition, RADIAL.LOAD.STRIPES starting from the clew stabilize in particular the boom-free area and ensure an even load-distribution.
Sail sizes range from 3.0 up to 6.7 to cover a maximum range of use. To ensure maximum draft stability the 3 largest sizes feature a 5-batten layout.
SUPER HERO HD
Basically identical, the SUPER HERO HD comes without monofilm even in the main window panel.
- HOLLOW.LOWER.LEECH (scooped leech outline) with additional MINI.BATTEN stabilizes the profile right above the boom and prevents leech flattering
- RADIAL.LOAD.STRIPES at the clew improve the stability and extend the wind range
- Made to survive: the new SUPER HERO features the smallest monofilm window of any 4-batten sail on the market
- 150 grams lower weight due to WEIGHT.OPTIMIZED.PANEL.LAYOUT
- Extremely sturdy, unbreakable epoxy battens
- iBUMPER, the most advanced and effective molded mast protector
- BALANCED.LUFF.LENGTH: luff as short as possible for radical handling and as long as necessary for maximum wind range
- Also available in a monofilm-free HD construction
- 2+3.YEAR.WARRANTY: Get an additional 3 year Warranty: register here