Fanatic introduced this exciting parallel rail concept with its super compact length into the windsurfing world in early 2015, after a secret and intense year of R&D. Soon the market followed and jumped on the train, but the success and feedback on the fully developed, finely tuned Stubby showed that this was something people wanted!
Everything is easy on the Stubby; speed and early planing, control and slashy turns. Its characteristics open up the potential to learn all of the latest moves, and with a new sensation for almost every style of wave conditions it has an incredibly wide range of use. Try it to believe it, then you’ll realise what all the fuss is about!
STUBBY VS. TRIWAVE & QUAD
The Stubby comes with a different feel to the other two Wave- boards we offer. Its planing capabilities are not far off the TriWave and with a more back footed style it also rides closer to the TriWave than the Quad, which rides more front footed. However, its super wide tail means that they Stubby has a totally different way of turning compared to the TriWave. If you’re happy with a classic ride and want the next step up from your FreeWave, the TriWave with its classic outline and incredible jumping potential is a top choice for you. If you’re looking for progression and something to spice up your wave riding with a different style, the Stubby will be a bundle of pure joy for you!
- Straighter, more parallel rails for reduced drag and a cleaner waterline
- Short and wide ›Stubby-Nose‹ – reduction in boards length – for reduced swing weight, fast change of direction and rotations, as well as easy recovery from steep re-entries or jumps
- Wide double diamond tail for planing power
- Tail-channel for extra drive and control
- Reduced center width for speed and a straighter rail flow
- Trim and stance moved backwards in order to adapt to the board’s length, tail width and rocker line
- Larger Tri fin set matching the board’s wide tail for incredible lift, drive and upwind ability
- Constant V with slight double concave for easy and controlled planing, and comfort in choppy conditions
- Full rails for stability, thin tail for grip and radical turning
- Slight tow-in side fins and channel edges for ideal water flow with minimum drag
BIAX INNEGRA CARBON LIGHT FINISH TECHNOLOGY (BXIC)
Making its way into the 2017 Wave and TE Freestyleboards is the brand new Biax Innegra Carbon Light Finish technology. After the resounding success of using this high-end construction on our TE boards over the last three seasons, we took the initiative and next technical step by introducing a brand new, and exclusive Biax Carbon / Innegra fibre finish.