PWA Wave World Champion Victor Fernandez sealed the deal in 2016 with the exact same shape of the new Grip under his feet. His impressive sailing in the Canary Islands, North Sea and Maui saw him deliver the goods in everything from onshore, to down-the-line conditions. Finely tuned over a period of over two years, the Grip has the planing power of our previous TriWave and turning capabilities beyond the 2017 Quad. Customise the amount of grip you want through your fins. The small 68 comes with a grippy and controlled Quad setup. The floaty 99 has a loose and early planing Thruster set. The 3 medium sizes are equipped with the adaptable 5 Box feature, giving you the freedom to setup your Grip however you like. From back to front foot riding, intermediate to World Champ level, the carefree and intuitive Grip is designed to follow your lead.
GRIP VS. STUBBY
Compared to the Stubby, the Grip has a more classic looking outline of a modern performance wave shape. While the Stubby rides a little more back-footed on the very wide tail, offering heaps of guidance and stability through the parallel rails, the tail of the Grip is drawn in, which allows to dig deep into the pocket of the wave. The ride on the Grip is more reactive and sporty, with a higher degree of torque. This opens up endless possibilities once the quality of conditions and your level increases. That said, its adaptability, ease of use and planing power also cater to intermediate wave sailors and less than ideal conditions.
- Five fin boxes for adaptable multi-fin use according to personal preference (Grip 68 comes with 4 Quad boxes, Grip 99 comes with 3 Thruster boxes)
- Innovative rocker line with flat spot concept for maximum planing power, and curved sections for tight snappy turns
- Double concave/V bottom shape for a controlled fast ride over any chop
- Fast rocker line with higher entry for front footed carves and opening V off the tail for responsive snaps
- Backwards oriented trim for direct turning reactions
- Compact outline with a wide swallow tail for snappy turns, tonnes of spray, lots of lift and stability
- Side fins with slight tow for smooth water flow, reduced drag and maximum speeds
- Flat deck for a stable stance and secure feeling even when the wind drops
- High Performance TE construction in Biax Innegra Carbon (BXIC)
- Fast and super smooth turning RTM Quad fin setup perfectly matched to board’s characteristics (Grip 99 comes with MFC Thruster set)
- Lightweight and easy to adjust Slotbox system (Grip 99 comes with US Centre Box)
BIAX INNEGRA CARBON LIGHT FINISH TECHNOLOGY (BXIC)
Our unique Biax Innegra Carbon Light Finish Technology has proven to be the ultimate construction for our Wave- and Freestyleboards. Last season, Fanatic took the initiative to take the next technical step by introducing this new and exclusive high-end fibre finish into all TE models, meeting the highest demands of our World Cup Team.