The general concept behind the Gecko is wider, thinner and with less volume. These attributes offer a great deal of balance and stability for easy gybing, as well as a fun responsive feeling beneath your feet. The increased length and more parallel outlines in the larger sizes (120+) cater to the rider’s needs with extra stability and planing support. Regardless of your level, the Gecko will carry you through your gybes or have you planing in the footstraps for the first time. With plenty of performance features built in, the Gecko will execute any move effortlessly. Additional footstrap options, plus daggerboard versions of the Gecko 156+ make this range the perfect companion for your progression from the first steps to planing through your gybes. It will leave nothing but a smile on your face.
- Reduction in drag and enhanced control due to 75 degree pintail
- Wide compact outline for early planing and easy manoeuvres
- Increased length and more parallel outlines for the larger sizes (120+) supplying stability and planing support
- High performance scoop rocker line with a higher entry and flat tail release
- Flat deck transitioning into thinned out rails for the ultimate carving experience with a secure stance
- Flat panel power V bottom shape with a slight double concave on the bigger sizes for easy planing and control
- Daggerboard version of the Gecko 156+
HIGH RESISTANCE SKIN (HRS)
High Resistance composite technology is a durable construction for everyday use. A thick, durable outer skin gives the hull maximum strength, as well as making it ding and impact resistant. Strategic use of fibre reinforcements ensure adequate stiffness. In combination with the user-friendly EVA deck, HRS can be seen on the standard Gecko, as well as the Viper / Ripper ranges.